Okay, so this is reallllllly random and you may be totally uninterested in it, but I saw it and it made me think of you and I though "Hey, why not?!"
There is a company called Compassion International, which allows you to support a child around the world for a monthly donation, yada yada.... It's a christian organization and it isn't gimmicky or weird or anything. Your monthly donation goes towards things like food, shelter and education.
Anywho, I'm not trying to tell you to support a kid in Ethiopia or anything (unless you want to), BUT I was looking through their Christmas gift catalog and I saw a one time gift that might interest you:
For a one-time gift of $22, you can provide literacy lessons to a mother. It will teach them to read and write, which will allow them to be able to teach their children and give them a greater chance at success as they grow up. (Plus, I can just picture a mini-Laurie somewhere scribbling adventures and romance novels into a notebook...you could be supporting the next JKR!!! haha)
I thought that as a writer, this might be something you could be interested in. If it's totally off base, just disregard it, no hard feelings!
Here is the link: http://www.compassion.com/catalog/teach-a-mother-to-read-and-write.htm
Hope you are having a fantastical day!!! I'm already listening to Christmas music....yes, I am crazy. haha
Byeeeeeeeeeeee Pickles!
No comments:
Post a Comment